Typical shaft-bearing combinations
SBD plummer block housings can accommodatedifferent shaft-bearing combinations:
- Plain shaft with bearing on an adapter sleeve, no designation suffix (fig. 1)
- Stepped shaft with bearing on an adapter sleeve, designation suffix C (fig. 2)
- Stepped shaft with bearing on a cylindrical seat, designation suffix E (fig. 3)
- Multi-stepped shaft with bearing on a cylindrical seat (fig. 4)
THD take-up housings are available for bearings on an adapter sleeve on plain shafts (fig. 5).
End plates to secure a bearing on a cylindrical seat at the end of a shaft (fig. 6) are not supplied by SKF. Suitable dimensions for end plates are provided in the product tables for:
SBD and THD housing bodies are supplied with different covers to fit the following shaft arrangements:
- housing for a shaft end, designation suffix A
- housing for a through shaft, designation suffix B
- housing for a locating bearing, designation suffix F
housing for a non-locating bearing, designation suffix L
When ordering, the suffixes should be combined (→ Ordering information).