Minimum chamfer dimensions (fig. 1) are listed in the product tables, for the radial (r1, r3) and axial (r2, r4) directions. For metric SKF bearings, these values are in accordance with the general plans listed in the following standards:
- ISO 15, ISO 12043 and ISO 12044 for radial bearings
- ISO 355 for radial tapered roller bearings
- ISO 104 for thrust bearings
The maximum chamfer dimensions (fig. 1) for the radial (r1, r3) and axial (r2, r4) directions, appropriate to the respective minimum values and the bore or outside diameter, are listed in the following tables:
- Metric radial and thrust bearings, except radial tapered roller bearings → table 1
- Metric radial tapered roller bearings → table 2
- Inch tapered roller bearings → table 3
The maximum chamfer dimensions for metric SKF bearings are in accordance with ISO 582.
What is the largest radial and axial value (r1 max and r2 max) for the chamfer of a 6211 deep groove ball bearing?
From the relevant product table, r1,2 min = 1,5 mm and d = 55 mm.
From table 1, with rs min = 1,5 mm and d < 120 mm, the largest radial value r1 max = 2,3 mm and the largest axial value r2 max = 4 mm.