Ball bearing units (Y-bearing units)
They are ready-to-mount, ready-to-use units and available as:
- Ball bearing plummer block units (fig. 3)
Ball bearing flanged units (fig. 4)
- with cast iron housings – table 6, table 7 and table 8
- with composite housings – table 9 and table 10
- with pressed steel housings (housings to be ordered separately from the bearings) – table 11 and table 12
- with composite housings for the SKF Food Line – table 13, table 14 and table 15
- with stainless steel housings – table 16 and table 17
- Ball bearing take-up units (fig. 5 , fig. 6)
Other variants are possible by ordering the parts separately. Ball bearing units are also available to North American standards and Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS).
- agricultural machinery
- construction equipment
- conveyor systems
- textile machines and fans
- machines for food and beverage processing and packaging
If ball bearing units are to be used in an application where health, safety, or the environment is at risk, the SKF application engineering service has to be contacted during the design phase.
This is also true for applications with relatively high speeds and where machine downtime can cause significant problems.