Units to North American standards
Pillow block units
Pillow block units use cast iron housings. They are supplied with a grease fitting for relubrication and have slotted bolt holes for adjustment during installation. Three series are available:
- The P2B series has a standard base-to-center height.
- The P2BL series features a low base-to-center height, typically 1/16 in. lower than the P2B series.
- P2BM is the medium-duty series. The housings accommodate a larger bearing for a given shaft size, resulting in a greater load carrying capacity.
Tapped based units
Tapped base units (P2BT series) are a variation of pillow blocks, optimized for applications where space is limited. They use cast iron housings and are supplied with a grease fitting for relubrication.
You can find these units in the product table by filtering for 'North American standard'.
Insert bearing designs
Units compliant with North American standards are available with a number of insert bearing designs:
Set screw locking
- Wide inner ring bearings with seals and flingers (suffix TF)
- Sealed narrow inner ring bearings (suffix RM)
Eccentric locking collar
- Wide inner ring bearings with seals and flingers (suffix WF)
- Sealed narrow inner ring bearings (suffix FM)
SKF ConCentra locking
SKF ConCentra locking provides reduced vibration and reduced shaft damage.
- Wide inner ring bearings with seals and flingers (suffix LF)