SKF Group Policy - Environment, Health and Safety
We in SKF are committed to achieve world class Environment Health and Safety (EHS) standards. It is the responsibility of each and every one of us to ensure that we reach this goal by continually improving our performance. We shall prevent work place accidents and pollution, promote employee health and well-being and reduce the environmental impact of what we do, including those related to energy use.
- give top priority to the health and safety of all employees,
- consider applicable laws, regulations and other commitments to which SKF subscribes as minimum requirements,
- proactively assess health and safety risks, environmental and energy impacts and systematically define, document and implement improvement plans,
- provide well designed and attractive work places and facilities,
- utilise best practice EHS related technology and management to improve EHS performance, through purchase and design of efficient equipment and services.
- develop and offer products and services which provide customer value in terms of improved EHS performance throughout the complete life cycle,
- require suppliers and sub-contractors to adopt the principles of this policy,
- define objectives and targets and provide the resources, information, training and management attention needed to comply with this policy,
- ensure that EHS performance and compliance to this policy is monitored, documented and communicated in a clear and transparent way towards employees, authorities and other stakeholders and
- ensure that EHS impacts are analysed for all business decisions.