Multi-line lubrication systems
for oil, semi-fluid grease and hard grease
SKF multi-line lubrication systems consist of the following components: a pump unit, control and monitoring devices, tubing and fittings. Multi-line pump units supply lubricant to lubrication points without extra metering dividers. Thus, each lubrication point has its own pumping element. The system design is simple, accurate and most reliable. Multi-line pumps can be actuated mechanically, electrically or hydraulically. The easily exchangeable pumping elements are usually operated by eccentric cam.
Delivery range depends on drive speed, gearbox ratio and selected pump element size. It ranges from almost 0 to 227 cm³/min (0 to 13,85 in³/min) in multi-line oil systems. In multi-line grease systems 0 to 35 cm³/min (0 to 2.13 in³/min) can be covered.
By selecting pumping elements with different piston diameters and/or stroke settings, an individual lubrication volume setting per pump outlet is possible. The potential number of outlets ranges from 1 to 30.
SKF multi-line oil and grease pumps are designed for demanding applications in nearly all industries and for pressure requirements up to 4 000 bar (58 000 psi).
Overview of multi-line lubrication systems
Benefits and applications
Durable pump series designed for 24/7 operation
Continuous lubrication without electrical cycle timers, in most cases
Select individual pump element characteristics and reservoir size
Set the required stroke volume at the pumping element
- Multi-line oil systems:
- Broad viscosity range due to special designs and small piston clearance
- Vacuum pumps, compressors (all types) and hyper-compressor industry
- Combustion engines for valve and cylinder liner lubrication
- Rubber-mixing machinery, supply of critical plasticizer oil
- Meet ATEX and API standards in the oil and gas industry
- Multi-line grease systems:
- Due to the use of a built-in stirrer and broad viscosity range, heaters are not required
- Construction and mining machinery
- Tunnel-boring machines
- Forging, bending, forming and cutting presses
- Crushers, cranes and conveyors
- Pumps and compressors
- Rubber-mixing machinery
- Water and slurry pumps